Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Things that suck

Aline and I went to Hawaii and I sat on an M&M on the plane. It sucked real bad.

I want to take this opportunity to document things that mattered to me today. I hope to look back on this day and be able to put things in perspective and realize that these things don't really matter as much as I let them.

1. Today I woke up to an ugly face rash. I thought it would be a good idea - a way to "treat myself" if you will - to get a facial on Saturday. Well, that idea turned really ugly this morning when I woke up to polka dots on my face. Thanks Revive. Now I get to lather ointment on my face 3 times a day until this nasty thing goes away. Sweet.

2. I made a special trip to the mall to return a couple of things that I purchased a while back. When I got there, it was brought to my attention that the credit card that I used to make my purchase has expired so I couldn't make my return. bleh.

3. I had to re-book my "rapid rewards" flight on Southwest Airlines. They told me they would redeposit the free flight into my account, but I needed to be sure to use it before it expires. Well, when exactly does it expire Mr. Cheerio eating telephone operator? Yeah, it expires June 20th of THIS YEAR. Rather than putting down his spoon and giving me all of my options, he basically said I was screwed through a mouth full of cheerios. It took a call back today to find out that I could pay $50 to extend my ticket for another year. So I did. But still, $50 bucks. That blows.

4. I forgot to pick up my dry cleaning today, and now I have nothing to wear to work tomorrow.

5. My savings account has a negative balance. No shit. How is that possible?

SAVINGS ( Create Savings Plan ) 914-2842xxx -$5.99

Maybe its about time for me to click on that nifty "Create Savings Plan" link. Its a scam.


That's all for now. I think. These things put me in a bad mood because I let them. Hopefully, I can change that soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about things that suck, item #7: the internets! this is the 3rd time i've tried to leave you a comment. i think i should stick to my original plan of e-mailing my responses to your blog postings because i bet this thing will mess up again. super yuck.

K-WLF said...

Aim... I love your blog! So fun!
I'm excited I'll get to see you in August!

The smashed M&M is great!