Thursday, June 7, 2007

Wine, Sushi, Subway and Snowcones



In no particular order, a few of my favorite things. Seemed like a good title for my first post.

The reason why I am starting this blog is NOT because I think I have an exciting life and feel that I need to share it with everyone. Actually, having moved to Denver about 4 months ago, my life is bordering on the most boring time of my life, which leaves me time to write about nonsense.

I am leaving to go to Africa in about 5 weeks. I know, most people don't think I'm cut out to spend weeks in a small village in Kenya. I often question what I am doing as well, but I feel that it is something I am supposed to be doing. So, I am starting this blog so that all of you who wish to keep up with my 2 week journey may do so. I will try to post every day and add photos when I can. According to my trip literature, I will have wireless internet access. Seems kind of silly to me, but we'll see.

I am expecting this to be a life-changing trip and hope that it will help me to figure out how to make a difference in this world and to figure out the meaning and purpose of my life. A tall order, I know. I am up for the challenge.

I'm guessing I won't be able to get a snowcone in Maai Mahiu.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! When you figure out the meaning of life make sure you tell me about it.

Topher said...

Although you may think that your time in Denver is misspent, I think fate brought you here for a reason. I'm so glad to have you here.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you've started this blog, so I can live vicariously through you while you're in Africa!! I am SO excited for you, and have no doubt that you're up to the challenge.

Anonymous said...

lady, can you please start emailing me at the right address? marseille_steele@yahoo.com - stay in touch. watch out for the Guinea worm. nasty bugger.