Tuesday, June 26, 2007

You can be my cowboy...

I somehow ended up at the Cowboy Lounge over the weekend. Not one of my finer moments. I have visions of me being twirled around to David Allen Coe by a co-ed with cigarette and bourbon breath. It made me want to throw up. I tried to tell him I didn't know how to dance, but let's face it, we all know I can't hide my skills for very long.

There was also a moment when I tried to recall the steps to do the "Cotton Eyed Joe." I had my sweaty armpit on a poor strangers shoulder. I feel like I need to apologize to her. I didn't know the steps, but I just hopped around trying to fake it. I feel like there is a picture out there somewhere showing just that, and I will post it as soon as it comes my way. And there it is...


Aimee got a bike for her birthday. We all liked it a lot.


Jazz in the Park was a success...

I leave for Kenya two weeks from Thursday. I have some news to report. It has been brought to my attention that the packing list that states "bring your laptop - you will have wireless internet access" was wrong. I knew it was too good to be true. I will not have the wireless internet access I was told I would, so I won't be able to update my blog. Not sure anyone even reads this thang, so it probably won't matter all that much. I am kind of sad though. Briana told me to bring a journal. That seems so ancient. My hand will start to hurt from writing and I will just abandon my journaling prematurely, I'm afraid. I will update my handy blog with my recollections and photos upon my return. For myself, if no one else.

If anyone is interested, the new issue of Vanity Fair is a special issue on Africa guest-edited by Bono. I just picked my copy up at Target on my way to work this morning. It looks like it will be a very informative issue.

That's all for now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the dancing. obviously it was a sober night. (as was jazz in the park!) i'm sad about kenya, but the two weeks will fly, and you will come back with lots to share. just don't forget any of the details, k?