This internet access is really slow and they are charging me by the minute so I will need to make this quick. Things are good. We have already planted 3500 trees. Today we participated in a workshop to educate the community about the environment and HIV/AIDS. The days have been very long and exhausting. I can't really put into words the experience I have had so far. The people are very nice and welcoming. I have a woman named Sally who wants to come home with me. I have tried to tell her that I can hardly support myself, much less her and her 2 kids, but she is being very persistent. I can't even get over the way that people live here. It has definitely made me appreciate what we have more.
Saturday morning we are leaving to go on our safari. I am really excited - I hear that there is a a swimming pool and they put hot water bottles in your bed at night. By the way - it is freezing cold here!
One more thing - some of you might have heard me freaking out about the recent earthquakes. There have been several in Tanzania in the past few days. We felt another tremor last night. I just had an email in my inbox from the US embassy in Kenya and it said the rumors of them telling Americans to evacuate are untrue. I guess that makes me feel better.
That's all for now! Oh - I might be coming home a day early. For some reason, my flight was booked to leave a day later than everyone else's, so I am in the process of trying to change it to leave with the group. That would mean I would get in Friday instead of Saturday - if anyone wants to pick me up at the airport! Text me!!!
xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment