Tomorrow is the big day! My flight leaves DIA at 12:45. I get to fly to Chicago where I will connect to my plane to London. I found out a couple of days ago that my friend Briana, who got me involved in this gig, may not be able to make it on the trip. She sent away for her passport about 4 months ago and still hasn't received it. (She's sitting at the passport office in L.A. as we speak! -Good luck!!) So, there is a chance that I am going on the trip with a group of people that I have never met before. I sent one of them an email asking her if she could tell me how to find the group in London so I am not totally lost. This was her response:
I talked with Briana today, and you don't need to worry about a
thing...we will have fun. I am bummed she can't make it, but maybe a
miracle will happen tomorrow with the passport. Everyone is meeting in
London to fly together...everyone but me...I will ask Glen to wear his
black CTC t-shirt that says Ubuntu on the back. If he has it clean, I
am sure he will do it. Otherwise, I promise...don't worry...you will
find the group.
That makes me laugh:
1. So, hopefully this dude has his t-shirt clean so he can wear it
2. "i will find the group" - oh, ok - I won't worry - seriously?
Aimee came over last night to drink wine and help me pack. She was very helpful - she read everything off of the packing list so I could make sure I had everything I needed. She tried to tell me that I over packed on tuna fish. I had to watch her carefully to make sure she didn't go behind me and try to take some out of my bag. I think she has a secret love for tuna fish and just wanted something for free. You can't trust anyone these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I just wanted to comment on the tuna fish. I was very proud of Aimee for not overpacking...Until we got to the tuna. Aimee has like 12 packs of tuna fish and some of them are lemon pepper flavored. If she gets sick in Africa I have a feeling it will be from rotten tuna and not Gorilla meat:) Also, she has like 5 pounds of granola bars and if she has to carry her luggage 2 miles on a dirt road I'll bet those will be the first things to go. Love you!!!
Ok, anonymous, you're probably right. I will most likely get sick from my tuna fish! I'm so scared!!!!!!!
P.S. Thanks for making the list of things I needed to buy. I did all of it on my lunch break. And Target said I could go back and get my towels. Sweeeeet...
Post a Comment