I just got this email from the organizer of the trip:
Friday the 13th is soon arriving! Our first two teams have come and gone and all has gone extremely well. Shawn and Nicole arrived a few days ago and we are getting things ready for your arrival this Friday.
I'm mainly writing to let you know that all is well here in Kenya and to warn you about the problems we have had with luggage. It appears that British Airways is having serious luggage problems...over 8,000 displaced bags in London! My bags were lost for my first 3 days in Kenya, one person on our Medical Team and another on the Community and Faith Team never received their bags. I say this to advise you to pack all necessary items in your carry on bag. If you are a light packer I would try to pack just one bag and carry that bag on if possible (there are washing and drying machines where we are staying). I would also encourage everyone to contact BA and find out what they're advice is in dealing with this problem. Hopefully this team will not have any difficulties, but I wanted to warn you just in case.
No need to pack sheets or pillows. St Julians has all of that. You may want a fresh towel...St. Julians towels are a little funky! Also if you want to go for the one bag carry on we can always go into Nairobi and get any toiletries you need. There are plenty of locations where you can purchase your western needs.
I will be at the airport on Friday and we will go straight to St. Julians for the night. Saturday will be a day of rest, Sunday we will head into Kibera slum, and Monday begins the week of trees!
I am starting to get a little nervous. I can't believe I am leaving in 2 days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment